Friday 22 April 2011

Back To Infinty

Well with all this nice weather and my new lens it would have been rude not to pop out for a little shoot again. The Infinty Bridge area was once again the location of choice, purely as it only takes 5mins to get there once the baby sitter has taken over!


© Ken Hills Photography
f2.8 1/125th iso 800 +1ev lens 70-200mm 2.8 @ 85mm

Since we only had an hour or so I decided to shoot natural light only. The light was at its magical hour so by the time It would have taken to set up and shoot using flash the daylight would have all but disappeared. ( There was one image shot using flash more on this later ). I love the bokeh in this image, this lens is awesome!


© Ken Hills Photography
F2.8 1/250th iso1600 +1ev lens 70-200 2.8 @75mm

This is a wider angle of a similar shot. As you can see the light is perfect. I tried a few shots with Emma sitting in the center of the stairs looking back to the camera but the direction of light was causing a shadow from the peak of her hat. Not much of a shadow but I always strive for nice light in the eyes, as its the eyes that make a portrait.


© Ken Hills Photography
f2.8 1/400 iso1600 lens 70-200 f.28 @ 102mm

Moving on up to the top of the stair case I was able to have Emma look back at the camera without causing a shadow in her eyes since up there it was flooded with open light. Once again shooting wide open at f2.8 the background falls nicely out of focus making Emma really stand out.


© Ken Hills Photography
f2.8 1/500th iso3200 +2ev lens 70-200 f2.8 @200mm

With an empty bridge and nice light I just had to try a walking action shot. As you can see from the image data the daylight was already fading and I had to resort to iso3200 to keep my shutter speed high enough to maintain a sharp photo whilst Emma was walking towards me. Especially since I was racked out at 200mm and some considerable distance from Emma. However shooting at 2.8 combined with the lens fully zoomed to 200mm creates that tremendous blur in the background.


© Ken Hills Photography
F2.8 1/250th iso1600 manual flash, lens 70-200 f2.8 @135mm

Yes as mentioned earlier my flash gun made one appearance :-) the first image in this post was taken at 6.45pm and this one at 7.15pm! Look at how the actual daylight has diminished in half an hour! I said we had to work quick ;-)  flash was imperative in this situation. I just love how this lens renders the blue lights into circles at f2.8 and combined with the bridge support to the left of Emma creates a nice frame around her.

We have a busy schedule coming up with a wedding pre shoot next week for a lovely couple, and then we will be shooting their big day at Wynyard Hall next month. Really look forward to producing some amazing photos for them.

Keep stopping by I'm sure I'll manage to squeeze in some more shoots in the meantime. Bye for now. Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment